Vectric Vcarve Desktop v10
This software is only compatible with machines with maximum 24" x 24" working envelope (AR1, AR4 and i2R-4 models)
The Desktop edition is specifically designed for small CNC machines, typically aimed at hobby or non-production ‘maker’ environments. They include all of the non-production drawing, editing and toolpathing features of the Pro edition, but they cannot output large toolpaths as a single file and do not have all the production oriented tools in the Pro version.
The software can import 2D designs from other programs but also provides a full set of drawing and editing tools. The toolpath options cover all typical 2D routing operations such as Profiling, Pocketing, Auto-Inlays and Drilling as well as 2.5D strategies such as V-Carving, Prism carving, Fluting and even a decorative Texturing strategy. For 3D you can Rough and Finish the model and there are options to project 2D and 2.5D toolpaths onto the 3D surface. Each toolpath includes appropriate options to customize the settings and provide a high level of control for different types of operation. In addition all toolpaths can be previewed to show just how the part will look when it is actually cut, this allows instant feedback to allow toolpaths to be further optimized.
VCarve Desktop and Pro Features include:
• Complete set of 2D Design and Layout Tools
• Layer control, Guide lines, Snap Grid
• Text Editing + Single Line Engraving Fonts
• File Import - DWG, DXF, EPS, AI, PDF
• Image File Import - BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF
• Vectorize images to create vectors for machining
• Robust V-Carving
• Raised 3D Prism machining
• Auto-Inlays with multiple options
• 3D Random Texturing Toolpath
• 2D Profiling with Interactive Tabs / Bridges, Lead and Ramp options
• Pocketing with optimization for 2 cutters
• Drilling with option for Peck Drilling
• Beveled Letters
• Custom Molding and Form Cutters
• Multi-color Toolpath Previews
VCarve includes the functionality demanded for complex work while remaining incredibly easy to use and affordably priced. The software is used by cabinet makers, wood workers, sign makers, prop makers, plastic fabricators, hobbyists and in many other applications.
For a full list of features, visit www.vectric.com
Download trial version here